If you have a passion for food, especially tasting a juicy and delicious steak, then sign up to be a Steak Cookoff Association (SCA) certified judge for the fastest-growing cooking competition in the United States. The Rotary Rock-n-Ribs is hosting a SCA certified judge’s class on Saturday, April 29, 2017 from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Holmen American Legion, Holmen WI.
If you become a certified judge, you will be able to taste and judge the different flavors of steaks in the SCA competitions throughout the United States and possibly worldwide because the SCA is growing rapidly in the competition world. The SCA organization projects over 100 plus events in 2017. The SCA judge’s class is a hands-on class where you will learn the entire judging procedures while judging and tasting great steaks. Oh by the way, you will also learn how to cook a competition steak in the class. If you are a steak lover, cook, or part of a barbeque team, then this is new to the world of steak cookoffs that is meant for you.
The SCA Judges class is invaluable!! The cost of the SCA Judge’s Class is $95/person which includes a 2-year membership. You can sign up at firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t forget to invite a family member or friend to come with you to be a judge too. If you have any questions, please contact Brett@steakcookoffs.com or Laurie Tweten at email@example.com. Due to the growing types of competitions, the Rotary Rock-n-Ribs will be having the first SCA Steak and Wing Competition in Wisconsin on June 23, 2017 at the Oktoberfest Grounds, La Crosse WI. If you become a certified SCA judge, you will be able to sign up for a chance to be one of the SCA judges on June 23rd at the Rotary Rock-n-Ribs SCA Steak and Wing Competitions.
Who’s ready for a Rockin’ good time? Our Rotary Rock-n-Ribs BBQ event offers smoky-delicious food, fun and music for all ages. The La Crosse Valley View Rotary and the Holmen Area Rotary Clubs are excited to introduce the 3rd Annual Rotary Rock-n-Ribs BBQ event on June 23-24, 2017 at a new location – Oktoberfest Grounds in La Crosse WI. Participants will enjoy the wonderful aroma and tasting of great food from Big Boar BBQ, Mr. Tony’s BBQ, Ole’s Pizza, Pop’s Kettle Corn, and Chocolate Shoppe Ice Cream Company.
Friday, June 23rd:
- Kansas City Barbeque Society (KCBS) ancillary Kids Q Competition sponsored by Texas Roadhouse of La Crosse and Red Balloon Early Learning Center. The Kids Q consists of two categories. The first category “Grill Masters” will consist of children between the ages of 7 through 10 years old who will compete in grilling hamburgers. The second category “Pit Masters” will consist of children between the ages of 11 through 15 years old who will compete in grilling steaks.
- Bakalars Sausage Company will be sponsoring the Steak Cookoff Association (SCA) Steak Competition, and Xcel Energy will be sponsoring the ancillary SCA Wing Competition. This is the first SCA competition in the State of Wisconsin.
- Dave Roger’s Blues Band will be playing from 4 to 6 p.m.
The Retro Specz will be playing from 6:30 to 10:00 p.m., sponsored by Dick’s Pallet Works of La Crosse.
Saturday, June 24th:
- Verve will be presenting the Pulled Pork Competition to help raise money for non-profit organizations; limited to 20 teams this year. Each non-profit organization will need to find a barbeque team/restaurant sponsor or cook themselves a full roaster pan of smokin’ barbeque pulled pork to disburse tasty samples to the public in the efforts of collecting monetary votes for the delicious tasting of their pulled pork and their great cause of the non-profit organization they represent. Tickets will be sold for $10 for each ticket holder to taste a sample of pulled pork from each of the 20 non-profit organization teams. The prize money and matching of the monetary votes will all be provided by Verve, a local credit union.
- Midwest TV and Appliance will present a Big Green Egg VIP Rib Competition on Saturday from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. that will consist of 8 to 10 Backyard Competition teams cooking ribs on the Big Green Eggs for only 50 ticket holders; tickets will be sold for $30. Each ticket holder will be able to taste a rib from each VIP team and receive a t-shirt.
- Other competitions will consist of Kansas City Barbeque Society (KCBS) Professional State Championship and a Stand-Alone Backyard that will bring teams from Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin and possibly Illinois. Thanks to the partnership of Midwest TV and Appliance for helping in the sponsorship of the KCBS Stand Alone Backyard competition. Also, Trust Point will be sponsoring a Mystery Ingredient Competition. The KCBS competitions will be judged by KCBS judges from Oklahoma, Missouri, Illinois, Michigan, Iowa, Minnesota, and Wisconsin.
- Gregg Hall and the Wrecking Ball will be playing from 2:30 to 4:30 p.m.
- The Blue Olives will be playing from 6:30 to 10:00 p.m.